Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for a fish recipe to serve as a cold appetizer, and found one that was something like this. Since, being me, I was missing a good number of the ingredients, I improvised and came up with this. I think that substituting marinated artichoke hearts for the hearts of palm might be tasty too, but I've never tried it that way.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 4 ounces hearts of palm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tilapia fillets
- Combine everything except fish in a food processor or blender and blend to a paste.
- Place fish on lightly greased pan (or one covered with parchment paper).
- Spoon tomato mixture over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until opaque.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
wow, im not really big on fish but this was super good. i have a small food processor and couldnt add the onion but it came out great. Also, i didnt notice that there was a temp. to cook this on until i went to put it in the oven. I baked this or the 15 min at 350 degrees. thanks for posting! Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag