Recipe by Sarah Chana
I was looking for a fish recipe to serve as a cold appetizer, and found one that was something like this. Since, being me, I was missing a good number of the ingredients, I improvised and came up with this. I think that substituting marinated artichoke hearts for the hearts of palm might be tasty too, but I've never tried it that way.
Top Review by MyMagicMoo
wow, im not really big on fish but this was super good. i have a small food processor and couldnt add the onion but it came out great. Also, i didnt notice that there was a temp. to cook this on until i went to put it in the oven. I baked this or the 15 min at 350 degrees. thanks for posting! Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 4 ounces hearts of palm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tilapia fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except fish in a food processor or blender and blend to a paste.
- Place fish on lightly greased pan (or one covered with parchment paper).
- Spoon tomato mixture over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until opaque.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.