Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I serve this easy and different stuffing all year long as a side dish to my favorite poultry. It's especially delicious with duck and goose.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1 teaspoon tangerine peel, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add onion and celery and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and remaining ingredients, combining thoroughly.
- Use dressing to stuff whole poultry, to make a bed on which to bake poultry pieces, or place in a covered casserole and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Time spent preparing this dish does not include the time to cook the rice.
I actually made this for my DS for an OAMC dish but I did manage to sneak a tablespoon!...I added in some leftover chicken, and I used frozen cooked wild rice, I had in my freezer, I omitted the tangerine peel and added in fresh garlic with the onions, and drizzled some chicken broth on top. thanks for a great dish Geema!...Kitten