Recipe by phasesedweasel
This is an interesting recipe that uses a fruit most people do not have experience cooking with.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the tamarillos.
- These can be blanched in water first to make the peeling easier.
- Then slice lengthwise.
- Place the tamarillos, cut side up, into an oven dish.
- Pour the wine over them.
- Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Remove from the oven.
- Turn the tamarillos over to soak up the juices, which will have become gorgeous and thick.
- Serve warm or cooled with whipped cream.
- Spoon remaining liquid over the top.