Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another recipe from a card I picked up at the local grocer. I've made this several time and my family loves it.
Top Review by HoggyFaye
This was so easy and tasty. The second time I made it I added a drained can of corn, a can of creamed corn (my husband loves corn) a can of mild chopped green chiles and a chopped onion that I'd cooked with the ground beef. It made so much I made two casseroles. The Jiffy cornbread mix makes a wonderful topping. This is a keeper for sure. Thanks Happy Hippie!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces kidney beans
- 8 1⁄2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef or turkey and drain fat.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix, tomato sauce and beans.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions.
- Spread batter over chili.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes or until center is firm.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.