Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
- Heat the first five ingredients until boiling, in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the rice, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the water absorbed.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Saute the onion, celery and garlic until tender but not coloured.
- Add the beaten eggs, stir for 30 seconds, then add the hot spiced rice to the partly cooked egg.
- Mix carefully but thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with a salad.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
This was okay - but I didn't serve it immediately. I saved it 'til the next day. It might have lost something by waiting a day to eat it. Probably the eggs didn't like to be kept waiting. Next time I'll serve immediately.