1 hr 30 mins
A delicious bratwurst soup. Serve with a brat bun for dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bratwurst, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups beef broth, low salt
- 2 cups low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, 14 oz undrained
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Brown the bratwurst with the vegetable oil. The oil will be absorbed and some of the bratwurst will stick. This is ok.
- 2After the bratwurst has been browned, de-glaze the plan with the can of beer.
- 3Add the remaining liquids and bring to a low boil.
- 4Add the rest of the ingriedents and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tailgate in a Bowl - Bratwurst Soup
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 1275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 12.0 g