Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious bratwurst soup. Serve with a brat bun for dipping.
Make and share this Tailgate in a Bowl - Bratwurst Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bratwurst, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups beef broth, low salt
- 2 cups low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, 14 oz undrained
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Brown the bratwurst with the vegetable oil. The oil will be absorbed and some of the bratwurst will stick. This is ok.
- After the bratwurst has been browned, de-glaze the plan with the can of beer.
- Add the remaining liquids and bring to a low boil.
- Add the rest of the ingriedents and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.