Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Any dish that tastes like Barbie made it and tastes this good has to be tried!!Spicey, vibrant, pink but scrummy pasta with a kick from Rebel Cook by Simon Rimmer (most brilliant cook book)
- 8 medium fresh beetroots
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 ml white wine
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 400 g cooked fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, shavings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- preheat the oven to 400°F.
- wipe the beets clean,season then wrap them in aluminum foil with the cinnamon stick and roast for 45 mins or until soft.
- cool, unwrap and peel then chop up into 1/2 in dice.
- fry the shallots and garlic in oil until soft, add the wine, bring to the boil and reduce by 2/3rds.
- add the chicken stock and return to the boil, reduce by about 1/2.
- add the beets and sour cream, return to the boil and reduce to a thick sauce.
- Fold in the dill and horseradish, spoon over pasta and serve with the parmesan shavings.
While we did enjoy this, I am not sure that the cinnamon flavor "went" with this dish. But I usually am not too fond of savory and sweet mixed together. I cut the recipe in half and the fresh dill and parmesan were very nice. I also used 2 cloves of garlic. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 6, Zingo.
Wow is this pink! The sauce reminded me a lot of a horseradish cream we eat with beef sometimes. There is a lot of intense flavor in this dish. Interesting dish, if you are a beet lover you should give it a try!
this is great i made itwith vegatble stock to make it vegatarian used canned beets ,drained with a shake of cinnamon it is really pink but pretty , the beets give it a meaty taste try this its great zaar tour 6