*This smells like heaven while baking!
Make and share this Tagine of Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Place the onions in a shallow baking dish (preferably with a lid) and spread them out evenly.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over the onions and stir gently to coat.
- Set aside for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Cover dish with foil tightly, then the lid and bake for 45 minutes, until the onions are very soft.
- Increase the oven temp to 400°F, remove lid and foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more until the onions are lightly glazed.
- Serve with grilled meats.
Enjoyed using almost 2 pounds if onions and 1/2 the oil. Just love the cinnamon. I did bake in a tagine for just over 1 hour because I didn`t have time to change or remove the lid. Thanks! I have a lot left over and will grill some meat tomorrow for the onions. ;)
This does smell wonderful--and it tastes wonderful, too. It is such a brilliant dish that it deserves at last five stars, even though next time I will make some changes to tailor it to our taste. This time I made it as written, except for the use of Walla Walla onions which were brought back from Washington State by friends. I know that this did make the tagine even sweeter--but I believe that I would like this dish even more with the addition of some bite to balance the sweetness. Perhaps some harissa and/or some garlic would provide a foil for the sweet and cinnamon. But what a great find! Many thanks, Wildflour!