Recipe by Wildflour
*This smells like heaven while baking!
Top Review by Rita~
Enjoyed using almost 2 pounds if onions and 1/2 the oil. Just love the cinnamon. I did bake in a tagine for just over 1 hour because I didn`t have time to change or remove the lid. Thanks! I have a lot left over and will grill some meat tomorrow for the onions. ;)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red onions, finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onions in a shallow baking dish (preferably with a lid) and spread them out evenly.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over the onions and stir gently to coat.
- Set aside for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Cover dish with foil tightly, then the lid and bake for 45 minutes, until the onions are very soft.
- Increase the oven temp to 400°F, remove lid and foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more until the onions are lightly glazed.
- Serve with grilled meats.