Mia in Germany's Note:
Posted for Visit Egypt / NAME forum May 2012. For the fish, use any white sea fish that is not too flaky.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quickly fry fish filets in some oil, than let drain on paper towel.
- 2Thinly slice onions.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4In a skillet, melt butter and fry raisins until soft.
- 5Remove from skillet, add sliced onions and cook until lightly browned.
- 6Add tomatoes, parsley and sugar, bring to a boil.
- 7Add cumin (more if desired), lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Put fish into baking dish, cover with tomato sauce and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 9In a dry skillet, toast the pine nuts.
- 10Divide fish onto platters and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tagin Samak - Egyptian Fish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: