Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for Visit Egypt / NAME forum May 2012. For the fish, use any white sea fish that is not too flaky.
- 1 lb fish, filets
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup tomatoes, canned
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 dash sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- oil, for frying
- Quickly fry fish filets in some oil, than let drain on paper towel.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, melt butter and fry raisins until soft.
- Remove from skillet, add sliced onions and cook until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, parsley and sugar, bring to a boil.
- Add cumin (more if desired), lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put fish into baking dish, cover with tomato sauce and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a dry skillet, toast the pine nuts.
- Divide fish onto platters and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
Pretty good. I used salmon fillet as that is what I had on hand, a good canned tomato, organic cane sugar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, sea salt, plus the rest of the ingredients. Served with a rice dish & salad. Made for RAMADAN TAG 2012!