Recipe by KT's Mom
I got this recipe from a gal I used to teach with. It is a little time consuming to make as it must sit in the fridge over night but it is worth the effort and time involved.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups apples (peeled and chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple (reserve juice).
- Combine sugar, pineapple juice, flour, egg and vinegar.
- Cook until thick using a wire whisk to stir.
- Cool slightly and combine with pineapple and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine pineapple mixture with Cool Whip, apples and nuts.
- Chill and enjoy!
- It really does taste like a taffy apple!