Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is delicious as a salad or dessert. And it's fun to prepare!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3 granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- In heavy-bottomed saucepan mix sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, egg and juice from pineapple.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- In large bowl, mix apples, pineapple chunks, marshmallows and peanuts.
- Toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.