Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another Yummy quick way to have the taste of a Taffy Apple! The Eagle Brand give the caramel taste to this cake.
- 3 -4 medium sliced apples, enough to cover the bottom of 13 x 9 pan-usually about
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts (peanuts are great!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Slice apples and lay all on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over the apples.
- Slice the sitck of butter in small pats and dot over the top of the cake mix.
- Pour the can of Eagle brand over all.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve warm.
I had to make dessert for work and thought this would be easy - boy was it ever and it disappeared! Easy to make, tastes great. What more can you ask!
This is a really good, easy cake to put together, and very tasty. We made it using chopped pecans and a spice cake mix, which gave it a very fall-y flavor for the first week back to school! It would be extra yummy with ice cream, and I can't wait to try it with a yellow cake mix. It's a keeper!
So easy to make and it was a hit with everyone! I will be making this again the the future.