Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Can't make up your mind between tacos or baked potatoes? Well, look no further--here's your answer. Cooling time between both baking times is included. For the taco seasoning, I used Mucho Gusto Taco Seasoning Mix. If desired serve with a salad. Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 2nd, 2007
- 2 large baking potatoes (washed)
- 1 cup of mexican four cheese blend, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400º for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling (about 15 minutes), cook ground beef until lightly browned.
- Drain beef and return to pan; add taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove a small slice from top of potatoes, removing potato pulp and making sure to leave at least a 1/4-inch shell all the way around.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the following ingredients: 3/4 cup of cheese, sour cream, margarine, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Divide pulp evenly between potato shells.
- After putting pulp mixture back into shell, make a "nest" to add ground beef mixture evenly between the two.
- Return to oven to bake for another 25 minutes and then divide remaining cheese (at this point, add more cheese if desired) over each potato.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.