Recipe by Charlotte J
We use a lot of ground beef in our house. You can add more green chilies if you like. If you have leftovers use it for snack the next day for the kids.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, diced
- tortilla chips
- monterey jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef; drain.
- Combine all ingredients except chip and cheese into a Dutch oven (large skillet).
- Heat to boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- To serve: crumble chips onto each plate top with a generous helping of stew and sprinkle with cheese.