This is a soup recipe you make in your high speed blender (Vitamix, Blendtec, or similar.) I've been tweaking the Taco Soup recipe on the Vitamix web site for weeks now and I've finally come up with my favorite version. It's delicious, super healthy, and easy to make before you head out the door for a busy day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 carrot (not peeled)
- 1 green onion (only the roots cut off)
- 1 celery rib
- 3 tablespoons canned black beans
- 3 tablespoons canned corn
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (I use the hot and spicy one)
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 -4 slices avocados
- 1/4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken (optional)
- 1/2 cup multigrain tortilla chips
- salt and pepper
- 1Blend all ingredients on high for 5 minutes. If you're using a Vitamix the soup will be steaming after 5 minutes - no need to heat this up on the stove after blending!
- 2Turn power down to level 4 and add a handful of multigrain tortilla chips (black bean and guacamole flavored chips have been really yummy too.) Blend for 10 seconds.
- 3If desired, turn down to level one and add some cooked chicken. This is a good way to make the soup more substantial and filling. You can also add some more beans and corn if you want the soup to be chunkier. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- 4I love this recipe because it's fast, it's delicious, it's 75% raw vegetables so I feel like I'm being super healthy, and I can put it in a thermos and drink it on the go.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Soup in Your Blender
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: