Recipe by MadzMom
This is a staple in my family. It is so easy, and so good. The condiments really help make this a delicious soup - especially the corn chips. We use them in lieu of salt in the recipe. We always double the recipe: you can eat it for a couple of days or freeze. Guaranteed likeability!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) canstewed tomatoes with juice (Mexican style)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can corn (optional)
- 1⁄2 envelope taco seasoning
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- corn chips
- diced avocado
- diced tomato
- diced jalapeno
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef& onions in skillet.
- Drain fat and transfer to 3 qt. sauce pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 10 minutes for flavors to combine.
- Serve topped with the condiments (add any or all of these- but don't leave out the corn chips!) of your choice.