I gave up beef over a year ago due to poor digestion and I'm allergic to milk, so things like Taco Soup were a thing of the past until I discovered canned mock ground beef called "Vege-Burger" and can thus enjoy meals like this one again which comes very close to it's original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (19 ounce) can vege-burger vegetarian ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers (add only if you like extra heat)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups corn chips (or however many you want)
- 1In a stock pot, Saute vege-burger crumbles in oil with onion and garlic until onion is translucent and soft.
- 2Add taco seasoning mix and stir well. (watch the vege-burger crumbles, they have a tendency to stick to the bottom of pot).
- 3Add Tomato and next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- 4Laddle soup into bowls, top with cilantro serve with corn chips. (We like to use the chips as a "spoon" for the soup).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Soup #154 - the Vegan Version
Serving Size: 1 (3892 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 2274.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.9 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 52.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: