Recipe by lets.eat
The 64th Taco Soup recipe!. This is thick and rich. Recipe hails from The Best of Country Cooking 2005
Top Review by Chef Big Penguin
I think this is one of the best soups I have a recipie for! It was quick and easy to make. I substituted turkey for beef & low fat velveeta & sour cream. I also added half a can of corn and another 14oz. can of diced tomatoes just to add more "filling". Will definately make again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velvetta)
- garlic powder
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chili, cheese and seasonings. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Stir in 1 cup of the sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining sour cream.