Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Pillsbury's 30 Minute Meals cookbook. It's very easy and smells great.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, spice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups raw macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Brown and drain hamburg.
- Add taco seasoning, water and raw macaroni.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until noodles are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and tomatoes.
- Note.I used one envelope of taco spice, but I'm not sure of the size. It looks like about 1 teaspoons.
Very good and very quick meal. I added a can of chopped tomatoes and a can of black beans once the macaroni was cooked through to warm up and added the cheese on top to melt. I served with sour cream and a little cilantro on top...just to add some green. I did bite into one still somewhat raw macaroni, but I think that was the only one. Not recipe's fault, I just didn't stir well. Wonderful, will make again. Thank you!
Easy Fast Good The daycare kids loved this one. I added 1 1/2 teaspoons of dry onion flakes along with the macaroni. Ortega taco seasoning packets contain 1.25 ounces of seasoning just in case any one would like to know. Terri thank you for posting this recipe I'll be making it again.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used a packet of taco seasoning. I also used 1 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of milk. I added onion powder when cooking the hamburger but I didn't measure it. I needed a quick meal this evening and this fit the bill.