Recipe by MamaJen
I know Thousand Island dressing probably isn't the logical choice for a taco salad, but this is how my mom always made it and I do it the same way. This is one of my family's favorite summer meals.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 7 1⁄2 ounces pinto beans (Approx. 1/2 a can, kidney beans work as well)
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add beans and cook on low until warm. Set aside.
- Chop lettuce into bite size pieces. Add tomatoes through cheese.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad, mixing well.
- Add warm beef and beans just before serving, tossing well.