I got this recipe from my cousin's wife who brought to our annual get together. She was not specific on the amounts of the ingredients, but as most are vegetables you can go with your own taste. I have estimated how much of each was in the salad as best as I can. Feel free to criticize or make recommendations.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red pepper, red, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated amount depending on taste (about a cup and a half)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, lime flavoured, broken
- 3⁄4 cup Catalina dressing (to taste)
- Cook ground beef or turkey with onions, drain and rinse.
- Shake in colander to ensure it has no excess liquid.
- Add pkg of taco seasoning.
- Put in fridge or freezer to cool.
- Once meat mixture has cooled prepare additional ingredients.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Dice or sliver red pepper.
- Quarter you choice of mini bell cheese, your choice, e.g. brie.
- Chop lettuce.
- Mix above ingredients.
- Top with lime tortilla chips and cheese
- Toss with Catalina or Russian dressing; start with 1/2 cup and mix--you will likely need another 1/4 cup or more.
- (This is one of those recipes where you pretty much add the amounts according to you taste, however start with less dressing (as the saying goes - you can always and but you can't take it away.
- As a meal serves four. As part of a potluck serves 10 or more.