Recipe by C & D's Mommy
Plain old tossed salad with a nice twist! Cooking time is actually refrigerator time.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing (I use reduced or no fat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded (Iceberg lettuce works well)
- 2 cups crunched up nacho chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in a skillet with garlic and salt. Drain off any fat. Set aside and let cool completely. (Put it in the fridge for quicker cooling).
- Mix the meat with the taco seasoning, salad dressing, onion and tomato. Let stand refrigerated overnight (or at least 2 hours for flavours to blend).
- Just before serving, mix in the lettuce and cheese and add taco chips.
- Try to serve this salad right after adding the chips so they don't get soggy. I usually leave the chips out in a bowl at the side so guests can just add their own and they stay crunchy.