Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Convenient prebaked crust makes this tasty taco pizza as easy as can be. This is a great recipe, especially if you have teenagers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 (12 inch) prebaked prepared pizza crust
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets.
- Combine beans and salsa; spread over crusts.
- Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce if desired.
What a wonderful pizza! This was the best taco pizza I've ever made and I think the reason was the mixture of refried beans and salsa for the pizza sauce. I've made taco pizza before and (for the sauce under the meat) used salsa one time and enchilada sauce one time. Both times we thought the pizza was a bit blah. I guess it's true that the third time's a charm! I cut this recipe in half and added some green onions on top of the chips and under the cheese. And I used Monterey Jack Cheese instead of cheddar, just for personal preference. This is definitely going into my "Keeper" cookbook. Thanks so much for posting, Looneytunsfan!
This was good and my kids loved it. Did half the recipe and skipped the chips.
Delish!! This was a great recipe and very filling!! Thanks!