Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Better that the traditional ones!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (1-1/4 oz)
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In lg skillet, brown beef; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, beans and salsa.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lenghtwise; remove seeds.
- Drop peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture in each pepper half.
- Place peppers in baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Top each with tomatoes.
- cheese and sour cream.
We have enjoyed this recipe many times over the years - I originally got it from an old issue of Taste at Home. serving the mixture in the pepper "cups" makes such a nice presentation. Thanks for posting!