Top Review by NurseJaney
Had the tortillas in the fridge, fresh, off-the-vine tomatoes. and provolone/Monteray Jack cheese (in a packet). Added some cilantro from the "tube", and sprinkled Taco seasoning -- and had a flavorful and fairly healthy lunch. George F. does a VERY good job, with very little mess. DH added jalopens slices to his -- Kicked It Up a Notch !
- 4 9 inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded taco flavor cheese
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 tortillas on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each with 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Arrange tomatoes over cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilanro.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Brush tops of quesadillas with 2 tsp of the oil.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and flip over.
- Brush remainder of oil over quesadillas.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Broil for another 1 to 2 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Cut into wedges.