Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Tacos in a pan! Great if you add some cheese too.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 qt square baking dish.
- In large skillet brown the meat, onion and garlic.
- Stir in tomato sauce, juice, chili powder and oregano.
- Place meat in baking dish.
- Top with beans.
- Top with corn chips.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and chopped onion.
Very good! Because cumin is the flavor I associate with Tacos, I added 2 tsp cumin to meat mixture. I did DRAIN beans, which wasn't specified, and that worked well! Casserole baked nicely and chips stayed crisp. I did place a dollop of sour cream on my serving. Yummy. Thanks for a good casserole I will make again, especially for a potluck dish by doubling the recipe!
Very tasty! Quick and easy to make. I did change a few things to suit my family. I didn't add garlic or oragano, as I associate those with Italian food. I also chose tortilla chips versus corn chips, and added cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos. It was fantastic! Thanks for the great idea.
Almost a 5-Star meal in our opinion. I should have read all the reviews and drained my kidney beans as someone suggested, because it was a little runny. I also added 4oz of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the beans before cooking, and a dash of cumin. I think taco sauce in place of plain tomato sauce will give it more Mexican Kick next time. Toppings we used: Cheddar Cheese, olives, sour cream, red onions, lettuce and tomatoes. Great casserole, BeachGirl! Gracios & Adios!