Recipe by LAURIE
Tacos in a pan! Great if you add some cheese too.
Top Review by BeachGirl
Very good! Because cumin is the flavor I associate with Tacos, I added 2 tsp cumin to meat mixture. I did DRAIN beans, which wasn't specified, and that worked well! Casserole baked nicely and chips stayed crisp. I did place a dollop of sour cream on my serving. Yummy. Thanks for a good casserole I will make again, especially for a potluck dish by doubling the recipe!
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 qt square baking dish.
- In large skillet brown the meat, onion and garlic.
- Stir in tomato sauce, juice, chili powder and oregano.
- Place meat in baking dish.
- Top with beans.
- Top with corn chips.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and chopped onion.