Recipe by Lisa in Oregon
This is a real make fast dinner. It's easy and the kids like to top it with their favorite toppings. I have used the nacho cheese Doritos with this and it was great! Enjoy!
Top Review by Emily
I tried this last night - It was a little salty for our tastes. I think it has potential for a great quick meal so next time I will cut the taco seasoning in half or use salsa for flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use the mild)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (you can also use Doritos any flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef onion and peppers, drain off fat, stir in taco seasoning mix and water.
- Put the crushed chips on the bottom of a greased 8 inch pan; put refried beans in a bowl and stir until softened/smooth so you can spread them over the chips.
- Spread beef mix over beans, top with cheese and bake uncovered at 350-375°F depending on your oven, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, whatever you like.