Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a real make fast dinner. It's easy and the kids like to top it with their favorite toppings. I have used the nacho cheese Doritos with this and it was great! Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use the mild)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (you can also use Doritos any flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef onion and peppers, drain off fat, stir in taco seasoning mix and water.
- Put the crushed chips on the bottom of a greased 8 inch pan; put refried beans in a bowl and stir until softened/smooth so you can spread them over the chips.
- Spread beef mix over beans, top with cheese and bake uncovered at 350-375°F depending on your oven, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, whatever you like.
I tried this last night - It was a little salty for our tastes. I think it has potential for a great quick meal so next time I will cut the taco seasoning in half or use salsa for flavor.
We eat this recipe all the time with friends. We use salsa instead of the taco seasoning. We call it Alpo. We will try it with the taco seasoning and see how it is. We scoop it on Dorito chips with condiments and eat it.
I had my 13yr old son help me make this since he likes tacos so much. It was easy to make. We used taco flavor doritos. We garnished with more doritos on top, tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa or taco sauce. This was on a plate of lettuce. Tasted just like a taco with out the mess.