1/4 Photos of Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
Posted by request, here's my take on Taco Bell's Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped (green part only)
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- 2In a Ziplock bag, mix the garlic powder and cumin together; add the cubed potatoes, seal the Ziplock, and toss it all together until potatoes are coated evenly.
- 3In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat melt the oil and butter together.
- 4Add the seasoned potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until they're a nice, golden brown, about 10 minutes; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Transfer the sautéed potatoes to a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 475 degrees F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nice and crisp.
- 6When potatoes are almost done baking, place the cubed Velveeta, salsa, and Tabasco into a microwave-safe bowl (I use a large Pyrex measuring bowl) and microwave for 1 minute; stir and microwave another minute; stir again and microwave for 1 more minute, then stir until smooth.
- 7For each serving, place some potatoes in a bowl, then pour over 1/4 of the melted Velveeta cheese sauce, top with some sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped green onion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 716.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: