Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request, here's my take on Taco Bell's Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes...
Make and share this Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite salsa
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped (green part only)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a Ziplock bag, mix the garlic powder and cumin together; add the cubed potatoes, seal the Ziplock, and toss it all together until potatoes are coated evenly.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat melt the oil and butter together.
- Add the seasoned potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until they're a nice, golden brown, about 10 minutes; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sautéed potatoes to a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 475 degrees F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nice and crisp.
- When potatoes are almost done baking, place the cubed Velveeta, salsa, and Tabasco into a microwave-safe bowl (I use a large Pyrex measuring bowl) and microwave for 1 minute; stir and microwave another minute; stir again and microwave for 1 more minute, then stir until smooth.
- For each serving, place some potatoes in a bowl, then pour over 1/4 of the melted Velveeta cheese sauce, top with some sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped green onion.
I made these tonight to go with our Mexican Pizza and we loved them. They came out crispy and flavorful. The cheese sauce is also really good on top of them. We served them with sour cream, green onions, and chopped cilantro. Thank you for sharing.
Yummmyyyy!! I made these as a side dish for my Chicken Quezadillas they were Delicious! Thanks!
I loved these! Thanks so much for the recipe.