Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from "Woman's World" magazine, January 24, 2006. This is a great dish for that Tex-Mex flavor. Great for potluck or social occasions with friends.
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (mild, medium, hot)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Crumble in ground chuck; stir in salt and chili powder. Cook. Stir occasionaly. In large bowl combine salsa and taco sauce; reserve 1/2 cup. Stir beef mixture and reserved pasta into remaining salsa mixture.
- Place half of pasta mixture into baking dish. Combine ricotta, 1 cup shredded cheese, and cilantro; spread over pasta in dish. Top with remaining pasta mixture; spread with reserved salsa mixture. Cover with foil and bake 40-45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes. Serve with sour cream.