Recipe by Annacia
Be adventurous, taste fruit in a whole new way! Fresh fruit is spiced with an intriguing mixture and served with bulgur wheat. From Prevention Healthy Cooking. Note: You can also use couscous.
Top Review by loof
WOW - this is just outstanding!! Per your note in the intro I used couscous, and I left out the onion as I don't care for it, otherwise made just as specified. The orange juice gave the couscous a sweet flavor that was great with the fruit, and the tangy/savory dressing really brought this all together. I'm so glad I tried this - it's a keeper - thanks for posting!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine orange juice and bulgur.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until bulgur is tender and softened.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Drain bulgur and place in large bowl.
- Gently stir in tomato, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, onion, parsley and mint.
- Pour lemon juice mixture over salad tossing to coat well.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.