Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Don't let some of the ingredients fool you -- this spicy shrimp makes a simple, impressive dish, which is great for company. For more or less heat, adjust amount of red pepper.
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil.
- Stir in sauce.
- Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.