Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 3 ounces chicken-flavor oriental noodles, broken up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed (frozen chicken cubes)
- 2 medium apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods, cut up
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1 1/2-inch length
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven stir together chicken broth, noodles and flavoring packet, red pepper, and 3 soup cans (3 3/4 cups) water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return to boiling.
- Serve at once.
This was a nice tasting soup & easy to prepare, too! The only change I made was to add a sprinkling of lemon pepper, probably 1/2 teaspoon or so! For lunch (with a piece of chocolate cake)! [Made & reviewed while touring Asia with ZWWT6)