In '1,000 Vegetarian Recipes' by Carol Gelles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 large bunch broccoli
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together the water, mirin, soy sauce, hoisin, and cornstarch; set aside.
- 2Cut the broccoli heads into florets; peel the stems and slice thin; set aside (about 14 cups cut up broccoli).
- 3In a wok or large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat.
- 4Add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring 30 seconds.
- 5Add the broccoli; cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the sauce, cook, stirring until broccoli is coated, about 1 minute.
- 7Add the sesame oil; stir to coat.
- 8Serve over brown or white rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 379.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g