Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old recipe from my mother.This is such a simple quick dessert to satisfy a sweet craving.
- 1 packet shortcrust pastry (approx 1lb)
- 2 tablespoons warmed golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/400F degrees.
- Line a pie plate with the rolled out pastry.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Mix the syrup, breadcrumbs and lemon juice.
- Spread it over the pastry base.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I love this.I have used Ready Brek instead of breadcrumbs and that works fine as well