Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This stuff is really good for breakfast as an alternative to Oatmeal. It is heavy, filling, and extremely good. I got it from Russiansabroad.com.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (recomended *_-) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- First clean and peel the potatoes and boil in salted water, drain and mash.
- Then drain the cottage cheese, sieve to remove lumps, and mix it with the mashed potato.
- Beat in raw egg, salt, sugar and half the flour. (For the sweeter version add raisins and more sugar now.)
- Stir well to form a stiff paste.
- Work on a floured surface and flatten into thick pancakes about 3 inches in diameter.
- Coat them with flour and fry in butter on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sour cream well chilled.
Wonderful savory potato pancakes!! I made this as written, but left out the sugar and raisins, as I wanted a non-sweet pancake, but did add some sliced chives. Served with some sour cream and additional chives. This was so feeling and yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Pick A Chef Event.