1/2 Photos of Swordfish steaks with Tomato-Basil Sauce
My own invention, a quick and easy "something". I thought it would make a nice combination, and wasn't disappointed. Whenever available, I substitute fresh basil for the dried spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Salt and pepper the swordfish steaks.
- 2In a saute pan just large enough to hold the steaks, heat the oil, and quickly brown the swordfish on both sides, but not cooking completely.
- 3Remove them from the saute pan and set aside.
- 4In the same pan, add the tomatoes and the basil.
- 5Cook for a few minutes, until the tomatoes begin to break down.
- 6Return the fish to the pan, covering them with the sauce.
- 7Cover the pan, and cook at a low simmer for 4-5 minutes until they are done.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swordfish steaks with Tomato-Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 127.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.7 g