Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
This is a great one dish meal. Very tasty and easy on the budget.
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 680.38 g round steaks, cut into serving pieces
- 14.79 ml oil
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, . sliced
- 113.39 g can green chilies, drained
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, cut in 1 in slices
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml water
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge steak pieces.
- Heat oil in dutch oven, brown the steak.
- Add tomatoes and onion, stir.
- Place chilis over steak, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 70 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots, cover and simmer 25 minutes more.
- Mix cornstarch and water, stir into pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until thickened and bubbly.
We made this recipe while camping in MN. I premeasured all the ingredients and used a camp stove. I didn't realize it too 2 hours to cook it but it was worth it. I sometimes make recipes with round steak and find it to be to tough but this recipe showed me that cooking it longer makes it so tender and perfect. All ingreedients I already had on hand. We will make this again!!
Very easy to make and so good. I think I'll try Rotel tomatoes next time and see how that taste. This is a keeper!
We loved this! Very easy and I love a one-dish meal that is filling. I'll be making this many times! Thanks!