Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is so simple and results in the tenderest, tastiest steak. It is very good served over rice.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen mixed vegetables (onion, green pepper and red pepper blend)
- 1 cup frozen carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 lb round steaks or 1⁄2-1 lb chuck steak
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, jarred
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Place items in crock pot in order listed.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- The juices in remaining in the crock pot can be thickened into a gravy with a bit of flour, if desired.
I thought it was great but hubby did not like it at all. It was very tender and thickened up quite nicely. Hubby said it was the italian seasoning that put him off.
The beef (I used the round steaks) was so tender it cut with a fork. I made this as written, but doubled the recipe and used fresh veggies instead of frozen. I served this over rice as suggested. Mashed potstoes would be great too. I thought I would need to thicken the juices with cornstarch, but found that it was fine just as is. Thanx for a great new crockpot recipe!
This simple dish is comfort food at its best! I threw this in the crock pot late morning and at supper time it was ready to go. The meat was "fall-apart-tender" and perfect over rice. I did double the garlic as we are big garlic lovers. This is a great dish, -Kathie-, thanks so much for sharing. It will definitely make a repeat performance at this household.