Recipe by Tish
You can make 4 1 lb loafs with this recipe to freeze ahead for later use. This is a great way to make 4 easy main dishes for your small family. Adjust to taste...this is just a general idea of possible ingredients.
Top Review by michelle0613
I don't like swiss cheese so I made this with provolone. It was very good but the cheese melted inside the loaf and disappeared. I would make this again...maybe without the cheese for fewer calories.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together until well mixed.
- Shape into 4 loaves.
- Flatten each loaf on waxed paper and shape into a rectangle.
- Cover each rectangle with 2 pieces of swiss cheese.
- Roll up as for a jelly roll.
- Cover each loaf with an 8 oz can of tomato sauce (you can spice this up if you want).
- To Serve, defrost and bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until done.