Recipe by Miss Annie
An easy dinner to put together. Serve with rice pilaf and a salad. What could be easier? You can also cook on high for 4-6 hours.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
The flavor of this is just outstanding! Only complaint was not enough stuffing. Even though my chicken was a bit dried and the food burnt around the edges (this is my crockpot's problem...it happens to me all the time :), I cannot give this less than 5 stars. The taste is just delicious. I used a box of stovetop-type stuffing mix and then sprinkled the seasoning on top before pouring on the melted butter. It cooked on high for 4 hours and my husband had to shut it off or it would have been totally ruined...I think probably 3 hours would have done it. I have a Rival 6.5 quart slow cooker and this happens all the time. I will be making this often...I will just cook it for less time or try it on low. Thanks for the recipe...I have done this one in the oven and am happy to have the crockpot version!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease crockpot.
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Top with cheese.
- Combine soup and milk, stirring well.
- Spoon over cheese; sprinkle with stuffing mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- 6 servings.