Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a festive looking spread for winter parties.
Make and share this Swiss Cheese Cranberry and Pineapple Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g soft cream cheese with pineapple
- 170.09 g swiss cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 14.79 ml orange rind
- 29.58 ml dry sherry or 29.58 ml apple juice
- 59.14-158.51 ml crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spread in an ungreased 9" pie plate.
- Bake 14-16 minutes.
- Serve with apple or pear wedges and crackers.
- Can be made up to 12 hours in advance then baked.
I made this for an appetizer at a dinner party. I made as directed with sherry. It received mixed reviews. I think I might enjoy it better as a bagel spread for breakfast/brunch. Next time I might try soaking the dried cranberries in the apple juice before combining with the other ingredients. For a breakfast spread I might eliminate/reduce the swiss cheese and add some cinnamon or nutmeg.
This recipe got mixed reviews at my Christmas party. A few people really just didn't like it, I liked it but didn't love it and several people walked away with the recipe raving about it! I think if you love pineapple and like it warm, this recipe will go over well b/c that seemed to be the most prominent flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
This dip was really good and was enjoyed by all. I followed the directions exactly and served this along with bagel chips. Thanks Kathy for posting!