Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in the Relish.com newspaper supplement this week and want to try it. If you try it before I do, please review. Looks good but it also sounds like it needs more spice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 -6 leaves swiss chard, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add chard and herbs.
- Saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until eggs are set.
This recipe is terrific! I have made it about 5 times this summer with fresh rainbow chard from the garden and local eggs from the farmer's market. Like the prior reviewer, I add hot peppers (usually serrano). I typically use fewer eggs and leave out the salt.
We're from New Mexico so we added green chile. We were feeding 3 and probably had more chard and herbs. This is a yummy different take on scrambled eggs. We'll make this again! The chard is coming on strong in the garden!! Thank you