Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
This recipe comes off of a package of "Nestle Toll House Swirled Real Semi-Sweet and White Chocolate Morsels". The Wite Chocolate Swirles are so delicious by them selves, I thought I would give this the Old College Try. They are so good in this cake, I couldn't stop eating them right out of the package. I'm a sucker for White or Dark Chocolate.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups Nestle semi-sweet and white chocolate swirled chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 9 inch round cake pans with foil extending over sides.
- Grease and flour foil.
- PREPARE cake mix with water, oil and eggs according to package directions.
- Stir in 2/3 cups Morsels.
- Pour evenly into prepared cake pans.
- BAKE cakes for 24-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Carefully sprinkly remaining Morsels over tops of cakes while still hot out of the oven.
- Cool cakes completely in pans on wire racks.
- TO ASSEMBLE.
- REMOVE cakes carefully from pans by lifting foil.
- Peel off foil and place one layer Morsels-side up on cake platter.
- Top with 1 cup whipped topping and 1 cup cherry pie filling.
- Top with second layer.
- Serve each slice topped with remaining whipped topping and cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate leftover cake.