Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
simple and tasty
- 1 cup sweet corn (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- to deep frying oil
- 1 medium sized onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup rice (boiled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 fresh red chilies (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vermicelli (crushed)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté till transluscent. Add refined flour and roast for two minutes.
- Add milk gradually and cook stirring continuously for two minutes.
- Add crushed corn, salt, pepper power, nutmeg power and mix well. Cook till all the moisture dries up. Take it off the heat and transfer into a bowl. Let the corn mixture cool.
- Then add boiled rice, chopped coriander leaves, fresh red chillies and adjust salt and mix.
- Shape the mixture into sixteen equal sized croquettes. Roll in vermicelli. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry the croquettes till golden. Drain onto an absorbent paper and serve hot.