Recipe by Mary Scheffert
From "The Stevia Cookbook" by Ray Sahelian MD & Donna Gates
Top Review by gaudreyr
One star for the quality of my ingredients. They tasted really awful. I would NOT share with my diabetic friends. I made a cream cheese frosting with pecans and iced them so as not to waste the ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white stevia powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper) & set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder & nutmeg.
- Place the eggs & stevia in a large bowl & beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Form the dough into 2-inch balls & place them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Variations: Place a pecan half on top of each cookie before baking. Or, flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass then make a thumblike depression in the center - fill the depression with your favorite jelly, jam, chocolate or carob chips before baking.