Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These carrots are a little bit different from all the other carrot recipes - they have an exotic flavor and go well with lamb and chicken.Leave out the raisins but yhey add to the flavor. I like to add a pinch more curry & chilli but it is up to you how spicy you like it
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced diagonally (apprx 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (or less)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat the oil& butter in a large skillet, over medium heat,add carrots& garlic Sprinkle in the dry spices and saute, stirring almost constantly until the carrots are as tender as you like them (7-9 minutes).
- Meanwhile stir together the honey& vinegar.
- Pour over the carrots, add raisins and saute, swishing the carrots around Serve immediately for 1 additional minute.
Good concept and good flavors, but I think next time I'll sub hot sauce for some of the chili powder, maybe I was too heavy handed, but the chili powder seemed a little gritty without more liquid in the dish. Loved the sweetness of the honey/vinegar mix.
Good carrots but just a bit sweet for me and DH wasn't fond of the raisins, but we did like the curry/chili taste! Next time we'll leave the raisins out and cut back on the honey. It was a nice change from the usual carrots, thanks!!