1/4 Photos of Sweet Southern Sugared Strawberries (Strawberry Topping)
Jenn from New Orleans S's Note:
This is a family favorite handed down for generations. It is very basic and can be used in Strawberry shortcake, ice cream topping, cheesecake topping, pancake or waffle topping, etc. Be creative with it!
My Private Note
- 1You will need a tupperware type container with a lid.
- 2First, slice as many strawberries as you would like and place them in the container.
- 3Then add as much sugar as you wish.
- 4The more sugar makes more syrup.
- 5I usually add enough to fully coat the strawberries.
- 6Now put the lid on the container and tumble the strawberries for a minute so they can get saturated in the sugar.
- 7Now refrigerate the container for a couple of hours, and you will have the tastiest, sweetest strawberries in their own syrup.
- 8(I usually leave them in the refrigerator over night).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Southern Sugared Strawberries (Strawberry Topping)
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g