Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
GOOD TO KNOW: When you're feeling bloated from too much stuffing, try this light meal with your leftover sweet potatoes. With as much protein as four slices of turkey breast, this creative recipe will leave you full without overeating.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 59.14 ml turkey kielbasa, diced
- 12 small shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- prepared salsa
- 14.79 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and arrange on paper towels. Microwave on high 8 minutes; turn potatoes over after 4 minutes. Brown 1/4 cup kielbasa in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa. Slit each potato lengthwise. Push ends inward to form a pocket. Stuff shrimp mixture into each. Dollop each potato with 1/2 tablespoon sour cream; sprinkle each with a teaspoon of cilantro.
SOOOOO GOOD!! What is not to like?! I made as written and used Pace Picante sauce (about 3 Tbs). This potato was a filling but not heavy meal. Will be making this again! Going into my Best of Cookbook. Made for Spring PAC 2013.