Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sliced sweet potatoes baked in spices, butter, and sugar.
- 3 large sweet potatoes or 3 large yams
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg and 1 teaspoon all spice)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Cut ends off of sweet potatoes and peel.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of butter on the bottom of a baking dish that is large enough for all the potatoes.
- Add potatoes, then dot the top with the rest of the butter (or, if working with refrigerated butter, put slices of the butter all over the top).
- Mix brown sugar and spice together, then sprinkle all over the top of the potatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Take foil off for the last 10 minutes if you want to.
Very simple to prepare. Smelled delicious while cooking. It could have been dessert, it was so good! My slices were a little smaller than 1/4" thick, but not much, and it only needed 30 minutes in the oven. I would suggest you check it sooner than the time stated in the directions.