Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great side dish for any time. Good for the holidays
- 8 sweet potatoes, partially boiled and thinly sliced
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Alternately layer in a 9 X 13" casserole dish sweet potatoes and apples. Between each layer put margarine, spices, and sugar. Pour apple juice over everything.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
I used a similar version of this recipe and it was tasty but still tasted raw and dry. It is VITAL to use partially cooked sweet potatoes and GRANNY SMITH APPLES! Neither were specified in the version I used.